The most "amazing" day of my life!

The most "amazing" day of my life!
Our Wedding Day - May 15, 2010 (Photograher: Jen Henneberry)

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Engagment Anniversary

Well it has officially been ONE year since Steve completely surprised me and popped the question!

So it was Halloween a year ago...I left work early and when I called him to tell him he was like "what why are you leaving work early" which is completely not like him. When I said something he said he just wanted to have dinner ready in time. So I didn't think much about it but I did make a stop to Walgreens on my way home. I wanted to get us some fun costumes to wear. So I headed home after making some purchases and decided to walk into the house with this scary mask keep in mind I am still in my heels from work. Anyway, he was in the basement and he told me to come down but I kept saying "no come up here real quick" well he won and there I went down the stairs with the mask and heels in complete darkness...and there he was next to a candle lit pumpkin in the dark that read "Will You Marry Me" and then he got down on one knee and asked me the very same phrase. I starting crying and said "if this is a joke it isn't funny" and he said "babe can you take the mask off". ha ha ha! I of course said yes and cried in his arms with complete joy! It was one of the happiest days of my life. I do have to say....it was pretty impressive and SO creative which is what I wanted....I wanted an awesome and amazing story to tell and look here I am a year ago telling it!

Thanks babe for an amazing memory and for asking me to be your wife on one of my favorite holidays...you are the man of my dreams and I can't wait to walk down the aisle in 6 months to marry my best friend and the man I love with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment