The most "amazing" day of my life!

The most "amazing" day of my life!
Our Wedding Day - May 15, 2010 (Photograher: Jen Henneberry)

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"It seems so much more REAL now"

So today I had my VERY first fitting for my wedding dress. Yes I know you are all probably sick hearing about it all. But today was different for me. So Steve and I have been together for almost 4 years (actually it will be 4 years a month after our wedding) and we have lived together for 3 and have been friends for almost 6 years so getting married won't be a huge change in our lives. We have been engaged for almost 1 1/2 years which is longer than normal so I feel like the day would never come. But now I am looking at less than two months till I will be married to the man of my dreams.

Today it hit me a little bit more. I was SO nervous for my first fitting which is crazy because I have already tried the dress on! But I was nervous because I want it to be perfect and when I told Steve that he said "Babe it will be perfect because you will be wearing it"! Wow...I love him. Sometimes sweet things like that are needed and today and that minute was one moment when it was. I am normally not like that as far as "needing" to hear things like that...not that I don't love them but I don't expect them or need them to get through my day.

Anyway, so today I went to my first dress fitting....my second one is April 27th. So I tried on my dress which was big because I have lost weight so it will need to be taken in but I love it. I had a great audience....Bonnie (Steve's mom), Stephanie (Steve's sister), my mom, and my cousin Barb were there. They all loved it and just made me feel better but them seeing it made it seem more real you know. Even his sister sent me a text later today saying the same thing "it seems much more real now".

I am not nervous to marry Steve because I know he is perfect but I am more nervous that the day is perfect and that everyone has a great time! I haven't really been super excited for the day because of a lot of drama that has been going on but that doesn't mean I am not nervous for the day to be as perfect as it can for us and everyone!!!!

Well...it was a good day! And it opened my eyes letting me know that the day is really around the corner. I have a beautiful dress, Paris Hilton "rocking" shoes, loving friends, supportive family and the main of my dreams....that is what I am excited for! I am ready for a lot of laughs and dancing to celebrate our love for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment