The most "amazing" day of my life!

The most "amazing" day of my life!
Our Wedding Day - May 15, 2010 (Photograher: Jen Henneberry)

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wedding Cake and MORE!!!

So Steve, my mom and I went to Wedding Wonderland today to taste some cakes and talk to them about our wedding cake. They came highly recommended!!!! So we go there and tasted 6 types of cake...lemon-raspberry, marble fudge, chocolate raspberry, red velvet cream cheese, German chocolate and I can't remember the other (too much cake...but delicious and moist).

Boy were they YUMMY! Then we looked at different designs and talked about what we wanted....you will just have to see the results! BUT let just say that we ordered a wedding cake! YUMMY! I can't wait. It will be beautiful!

Then Steve and I headed to the jeweler to look at wedding bands. Well Steve found his in like 5 mins...so fast and easy. But not me....I may be getting ones designed specially because of my engagement ring and how it will fit when sautered together and my diamonds on my band go further around the band than normal...but I wouldn't change a thing because I LOVE my ring. So we will see...we really just wanted to get some prices so we can save up!

So we are pretty much ahead of the game....our next big project is invitations which we are making on our own. We will probably be doing this in October when my cousin is in town. So we (my mom, cousin and I) will be designing and putting the invitations together at the end of October. I can't wait but a little stressed but I know it can be done and they will be beautiful...

I did forget on Sept 13th the girls and I (only the ones in STL) are going to David's Bridal for them to try on their dresses...so that will be a BLAST! I know it will look great on all of them.

So here are the items checked off...
-Ceremony and Reception place
-My Dress
-Tuxes picked out
-Bridesmaid dress and shoes
-Caterer (Reception place handles)
-DJ
-Photographer
-Flowers
-Cake
-Minister
-Looked at bands but going back in March
-Purchased all materials for invitations
-Know what the table decorations will be
-Rehearsal Dinner
-Plus tons of little things are done...

Next items...
-Try on bridesmaid dresses/flower girl dresses - Sept 13th
-Engagement Pics - Oct 4th
-Make invitations - End of Oct
-Registering (can't wait) - Jan
-Finalize wedding bands - March

Plus so much more I am sure....

Just wanted to catch everyone up! I am SO enjoying this time with Steve and my mom! I think my mom is having the MOST fun but she is AWESOME with that!

Will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad things are fitting into place for the wedding. Let me know if you want help putting invites together. I would love to help.

    ReplyDelete