We had a horrible experience last time we went to Lincoln, NE for my friend Rea's wedding not because of the wedding since that was amazing but because our way home. The highway closed, we missed our flight, had to get a new rent-a-car since Enterprise wouldn't let us take their car across state line, and drive to St. Louis...a 9 hour drive! So needless to say Steve and I said we would never go back....well two years later we are getting on a plane!
Camille is one of my dearest friends from college...I just love her! She married the most amazing man but I would never tell him that! he he he! So it had been two years since I had seen her and I was SO excited to see my little Cami and she would say that about me her little Ashwhore! he!
So the wedding was July 25th and rehearsal on Friday July 24th. It was at The Rococco Theatre in Lincoln, NE. She did the wedding and ceremony at the same place kind of like how we are doing. It was amazing! She looked more beautiful than I had ever seen her. Tears immediately hit my face when she came walking down the isle and kept coming during the whole ceremony. It was a beautiful ceremony! They are the sweetest and most lovable couple. You can just tell the love they feel for each other and they compliment each other 100%...shoot...anyone to put up with Cami should win a medal...he! Just joking. I am so blessed to have her in my life and I love her dearly...like my own sister.
We had a blast with everyone and I remember everything of the night....so didn't drink too much! Plus we had a 8:10am flight the next day and the airport was an hour away so we had to control ourselves a little.
One thing I remember is…
"Babe, something happened to the cake!" That is what Steve told me soon after he got to the ceremony. Oh god! I said I am SO not telling her but she will notice it! Crap! So we all played dumb and acted like we had no idea because we had to get her down the isle before she passed out. After the ceremony she walked up to the cake table to put her bouquet down and she said "Ummmm....where are the other 2 tiers to my 5 tier cake?" SHIT! But she was okay...what can you do at this point.
This is classic Camille...
So during dinner the toasts came. Her sister was her Maid of Honor and his dad was his Best Man...so sweet their speeches were but really only the front section of the group could hear them because the music was SO loud....so we all turned to the DJ on the stage mouthing "turn the music down". Come to find out that the DJ couldn't control the music and that there was a "sound guy" for the place and he decided to take a pizza break and go grab dinner somewhere...ummmm....hello! Oh boy so here goes sassy little Camille storming up to him after dinner "I didn't know I had to plan my wedding around your damn breaks" and I think he may have peed his pants. He said not a word and never left his seat the rest of the night! You go girl!
So take a look at these amazing pictures! It was beautiful! Thanks Camille and Jeff for letting us be apart of your special day! And guess what....we made it back to St. Louis in one piece and didn't have to drive...we made our flight! Maybe there is hope for Nebraska yet....ummmm....nope probably not! he!
PS...we were the first to get engaged and there are three weddings happening before ours...us being the last one! How does that work....
Great pics! Sounds like Camille is my kind of girl and I love her flowers and dress. Hopefully she got some kind of reimbursement for the missing cake tiers!! Glad Nebraska is looking up...it is a place I will be visiting for the rest of my life. One day I hope to fly there because, you are correct, the drive sucks!
ReplyDelete