What a beautiful Monday night! You know you are having a good night when you have a couple minutes to just sit outside and enjoy the noises of children playing, birds chirping, ice cream truck driving by (no joke), dogs barking, cars driving by and the sound of relaxing. Mind you it is still a little warm outside this evening but it is so much better than earlier.
I hardly ever have time to just enjoy and sit down for 30 minutes relaxing so tonight I decided to water my beautiful flowers and sit on my porch typing my post.
One of my favorite things about my house is my large porch and how I can just sit out here forever. That was a must have when we were looking for houses....if I didn't like the porch we moved onto the next house. I would love to have a wrap around porch one day whether it is our next house or another one down the road but that is a dream.
As I sit on the porch typing my blog, I can admire my flowers in my flower baskets along all walls of my porch. They are the flowers from our wedding and it so nice to have those apart of our beginning and growing like we continue to grow as a family.
Today was a busy day at work and it started earlier than normal because I couldn't sleep so I thought might as well go into work early. I got a lot done and it was a good day. Mondays are always hard days but I feel like if you can start the week off with a good Monday than you will have a great week so that is what I am hoping for!
Tonight I sit on the porch alone as my husband is working. He is a hard working and dedicated that is for sure. He has to work nights all week and instead of whining and moaning about it he will do it because he knows he has to for his career...the career that I hope brings him all the happiness in the world.
I feel as though there is always something to do every day and every night but sometimes we just need to take a moment and enjoy the sounds around us. So instead of letting laundry and cleaning take the night up I decided to take 30 minutes of porch time breathing in the air of the St. Louis summer.
I hope you find time at least once this week to do the same thing. I will tell you that it is relaxing and it helps you not get caught up in the world that seems to fly by way too fast these days.
What a beautiful Monday night! It can't get much better than this!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment