Okay as you know I have been married for over a month now and I hate to say this but I haven't spent much time with my new husband. Our schedules have been complete opposite since we got back from our honeymoon and it has been hard for both of us.
I see him sleeping when I leave for work and then he comes home from work and I am sleeping. That isn't a great way to spend time together as a newly married couple but what can you do. We are both very independent so we get through these times keeping busy and going on with our days.
Well last Monday he got his new schedule and called me at work. Just as a note his schedule starts on Wednesdays. Okay so anyway he goes on telling me his schedule....
Monday - close
Tuesday - close
Wednesday - off
Thursday - close
Friday - close
Saturday - 11-9pm
Sunday - close
Monday - off
Tuesday - 8-6pm
When he told me that he would be closing most of the week yet AGAIN I was so sad. I already new he was closing on Monday and Tuesday but I was hoping for some time to spend with him during the weekend.
Tears started coming to my eyes and I knew he was just as upset so I didn't want him to feel any worse so I immediately got off the phone saying I had to go.
Then I reached out to some close friends at work and my eyes just started filling up with water while I was telling them my story. They completely understand and were there for me to talk and helped me get through this on a rough Monday morning. (I am lucky to have such great friends at work)! Anyway, I am someone who is completely fine with doing their own thing and I always keep busy...I have never been someone dependent on a man but SERIOUSLY I am sick of seeing him sleeping and damn I wanted to see my husband. So I decided that on Wednesday we would have a date night and go grab something to eat and just spend time together just him and me.
I got home a little earlier than my normal after 6pm and he was like "what are you doing home" and I think he was happily surprised. We had a great night though but then when it came to an end I remembered that I wouldn't see him again till Saturday night and that made me sad but hey there is a light at the end of the tunnel so we just have to get there....just keep your fingers crossed for this change to happen sooner than later....which I will tell you later so I don't jinx anything.
So finally my husband and I got to spend time together and I can't wait for his next night off...Monday! We just found out we are going to the baseball game which mind you is one of our favorite things to do together because in the beginning of our relationship we were at the 2006 World Series winning game so we always enjoy a good cards game!!!!
For those that experience this...all I can say is just keep yourself busy because I know there is always something to do. I am a big girl and being independent is something I have always been proud of. I try not to mope around or think about it because I know he hates the schedule as much as me but it is his job and we can't change just yet. I know that this isn't forever and one day we will have every night to spend together...which then I will probably be missing my nights to myself. ha ha ha! Just joking.
I sure love my husband and even one minute together means the world to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment