The most "amazing" day of my life!

The most "amazing" day of my life!
Our Wedding Day - May 15, 2010 (Photograher: Jen Henneberry)

Monday, June 22, 2009

Jon & Kate Plus 8

Who is a fan of Jon & Kate Plus 8?! I am! I watched the "big" announcement tonight and it made me sad. I feel horrible for those kids...Jon and Kate are separating but basically they are getting a divorce. My heart goes out to Kate and those kids!

Everyone tries to make Kate out to be a horrible person and I just disagree. Yes I think she is controlling and not the nicest at times to Jon but she is a good Mom and someone has to be controlling in a house with 8 kids! Do I feel sorry for Jon...NO! I strongly feel that it is somewhat his own fault for letting Kate treat him like that...he should have said something a long time ago and stick up for himself instead of just letting her walk all over him. Shoot...everyone (man or woman) has to do that! A relationship is all about communicating! Now he has just bottled everything inside and finally exploded. They are both in the wrong and I wish they had stopped filming this season to try to make it work but they didn't and now these adorable eight kids (who are old enough to understand) are going to deal with a very hard and sad situation.

I feel like everyone is making Kate out to look like an evil and terrible mother who could care less about her kids and I strongly believe that is false. I respect Kate for what she has done and accomplished. They catch her spanking one of her kids...well I am sure Jon has done it but where were the cameras then? Just because you are on TV doesn't mean you let them get away with everything. Who hasn't been spanked a couple times in their life?! Shoot he has been having an affair with a 23 year old teacher! Give me a break! He has eight kids...why is he going out and clubbing 24/7! Don't get me wrong...I am not against Jon at all because I feel for them both and what they are going through but I hate how Kate is the one looking like the devil and Jon isn't to blame...it takes two to tango! :) Oh and on the show Jon went on about how "exciting" this new chapter in his life will be...nice Jon! That was just rude and uncalled for...this should NOT be an exciting time for you. This is devastating to leave your family and go off in a separate life...because quote on quote "I am only 32 years old". Um hello...can you say you have responsibilities! Shoot!

It is truly EQUALLY both their faults because they lost communication over the years and let it get this way and it is a shame that they couldn't mend their marriage after 10 years and eight kids. I think they have both been through a lot but is this the right answer?! I don't agree with it! I hope it isn't something they regret. I am just not the person that just throws in the towel. I have experienced divorce as a kid and I was just one kid...I can't imagine having 7 brothers or sisters with me to feel the way I did.
I hope they can at least have a friendship and be nice to one another when around those precious adorable kids. They have been apart of each other's lives for 10 plus years and I hope that is not forgotten or overlooked. My thoughts is to not give up...but it looks like it is too late. Take care of those kids please! Good Luck Jon & Kate!
Thoughts anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on this chica! Um, I would be a huge bitch if I was raising 8 little ones and my husband was not keeping up with the pace...which is often what I witnessed. Of course, one parent always seems to be more of the disciplinarian and there is nothing wrong with a smack on the bottom every once in awhile to get one's point accross in a serious situation. And communication is the key to any stressful situation.

    ReplyDelete