Well before I go into this...I wanted to wish all those Father's out there HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! I hope you have an amazing day! Happy Father's Day to my hubby...yes we celebrate this with our doggies! Hey they are our kids too! :)
So as of 11:45am this morning we have lost ALL 5 of our puppies!
I am heartbroken and cried today in the arms of my soon to be husband. So we had one puppy left as of Tuesday. Fatty died on Tuesday morning and we found her before I left for my trip...we think she accidentally snapped her neck because she was definitely healthy so that was the first time I cried from a puppy dying. So then we had Tiny who I had become really close to because we were taking care of her. Everything was fine yesterday until later in the day when she wouldn't eat and she was very weak and had blisters forming on her belly. So we called the Webster Animal Hospital and made an appointment for 11pm last night and took her in. She whimpered the whole way there in my arms. We got there and the Doctor said that she had Pneumonia and he gave her a 25% chance of living through the night. He said we could put her down now but I just couldn't we had to try to keep her alive, we owed her and Bailey that much! So he gave her shots and gave us more medicine to give her in the morning if she was around and off we went home. I snuggled with her with big tears in my eyes not knowing if I could hold her in the morning and every hour I woke up asking Steve if she was alive. Well folks she made it through the night...my strong little girl! She looked a little better but we knew that the next couple days would be critical. Well we left for an hour or so and came back and she was gone. I cried and cried....felt so bad for the little thing. She was my baby...I just haven't felt this sad in a long time.
What can you do though...it is nature. Everyone told us we did what we could and Bailey did too but they were premature and just not ready yet so they just didn't make it. Our Vet tells us that this is common with the first litter because the Mamma doesn't know what to do for the first time and they were premature...when we talked to her on Tuesday she said we were lucky to still have one left. We certainly were! You just still feel like a failure you know?! So are we going to do this again? I don't know. We are 50/50 on that because we don't want to go through this again but we would love to try...who knows. Time will tell! Everyone thinks we shouldn't let this stop us because supposedly it is rare that it would repeat itself again. All I know is that Steve said to his dear friend Aron today "It kills me to bury another one" my heart just dropped when I heard that. He has been SO strong for us...just amazing.
When I got home from my dad's I went straight for the basket and it is lonely here without Tiny...I will miss her. But now we are going to focus on our two amazing doggies that we have now and make sure that the Mamma is okay because she will be depressed. We love them so.
On that note, I would like to say a little prayer...
Dear God-
Please watch over those 5 precious puppies! They are the sweetest little things and deserve to be free of pain and treated with love! Please tell them that we ALL love them and will miss them dearly. They are truly in our hearts forever! Even though some blessed our hearts for hours or even 10 days we are so lucky to be there when they were brought into this world and again be there with them when it was there time to leave this world.
Thank you sweet little hearts for touching me deeply and reminding me how precious young life can be. We love you.
Mom, Dad, Grandma & Grandpa Donovan
We will be taking Bailey to the Vet this week to make sure she is okay! So hopefully everything is okay and we can go on in our lives. But we will never forget this time! It has been truly amazing!
Thanks to those friends and family who have really touched our hearts during this time saying the right thing and being there for us! Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment